Tuesday, July 21, 2009

No Foto Urban Professional!!

Today was the first day that I joined T-Boom and Diego (Jon's self proclamed Spanish name) in Spain. After getting very little sleep on the plane ride here, I arrived at the Hilton Diaganol Mar. Because of Diego's Platinum status at the Hilton, we got access to the executive lounge which offered free breakfast with a beautiful view of the sea, 15 stories high. After a Cafe Americano and some pan y jamon, I led T and Diego to the Sagrada Familia Cathedral. If you've never heard of it, look it up. It's truly an amazing creation and is still in progress for about 25 more years.


We wondered around for a while and ran into what I can only describe as an illegal street fair. As we were walking through, I was wearing one of my NYC Urban Professional jerseys. I also happened to be holding a camera. I was aggressively approached by a very unsavory character who told me, "no fotos, urban professional!!" We quickly shuffled through to head back to the hotel for a little R&R back at the beautiful hotel pool.



We drank a few pitchers of Sangria and chilled out with the rest of the diversely international crowd at the pool. After we got our fill of sun, we decided to go to the Exec Lounge again to take part in the complimentary happy hour; equipped with beer, wine and plenty of finger foods. A fantastic way to wind down the from the first day in Barcelona.



After a 3 hr siesta (we all needed it), we headed to Las Ramblas for some dinner (at about 11:45 PM). When in Rome... Jon and T had their first Paella's while we took part in some fantastic people watching. After the ginormous liter of San Miguels, we decided that our first night would not be the night that we rock it out till 5AM...there's always tomorrow!!



Hasta Luego Amigos!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment