Thursday, July 23, 2009

No cell phone....no worries!

Hola! Diego here! Welcome to my holiday! We've all heard the expression before, "the trip of a lifetime". Well...I'm living it! Today it is my turn to pick up where Jake left off and describe the more memorable moments from day 2 in Barcelona...or atleast what I can remember! Day 2 kicked off like any good vacation day...in the sun! With no desire to venture far, we wandered down to the local beach to see the sites! The beach was busy with many tan bodies, decent sand, and let's be honest...topless women! We threw the football (Americano) for a bit while people stared as everyone else kicked soccer balls and played some version of beach tennis with small paddles. Most of the day however was spent lazily lounging by the pool back at the Hilton. The amenties were fabulous and the day continued on.





We decided on this night to venture out towards the marinas for dinner and clubbing. After walking up and down the boardwalk we settled into a great restaurant patio for a very filling meal. Lucky for me the menu had pictures and I chose the local cuisine! As the seafood was rumored to be best along the water, I chose seafood! Mind you I ordered the half ration as it was on the menu for two! I figured the only way to really enjoy this dish was to dive in! What else can I say but Fabulous!






After dinner we made our way up the boardwalk towards the clubs! Jake's research pointed us in the direction of club Opium! Truelly a magnificent wonder! We bought discount tickets off the street as a special guest dj was in town...Paul Oakenfold! The club was huge and layed out! We chilled out on the deck on the custom leather couches and drank gin and tonics. Shortly after the first dj mixed tracks while we danced into the night. We waited until after 3 but Paul only stood by. Tara and I left and retired for the evening, while Jake danced on. When I woke up in the morning...Jake was sleeping in his roll-a-way bed. We left him be while Tara and I went down to the pool for some more sun!

Till next time...Adios Amigos!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment