After the project, we all hung out by the pool. The sun seemed to be much more warm than the previous day, so the girls tried to practice good sun prevention by wearing some pretty stylish hats.
Anders, Stonie (an Udden Family Friend), Jon and I then went to the grocery store to get the rations for the night's upcoming "Big American Cookout" (as Anders calls it). It's quite an experience to go grocery shopping in a foreign country. While many of the things are the same, some are different. For instance, you pay for plastic bags and shopping carts! Upon our return, another beautiful lunch was prepared and we all hung out by the pool until it was time to prepare for the before mentioned, Big America Cookout. It was truly a team effort as well all did our little piece in getting ready.
The meal was fantastic and enjoyed by all 20 members of the "BAC". It truly felt like being part of a big family meal. I know I can speak for Jon and T when I say that the family has done nothing but make us feel welcome the entire time we've been here.
Drinks continued to flow after dinner as we moved the party into the indoor bar. We talked, drank and played pool until the late hours...
Au Revoir...
No comments:
Post a Comment